DOSS Soundbox Bluetooth V4.0 Portable Speaker is the perfect blend of sleek looks, promising results, and amazing performance. Well… that’d be our expert opinion summed up to define what this speaker is capable of.
As a matter of fact, we were thoroughly satisfied when reviewing this portable Bluetooth speaker under the budget category at our website. Not a lot of users end up getting high quality products for their hard-earned money, which is why we feel that this particular product stands out as something that works as advertised and vice versa.
The good stuff about DOSS Bluetooth Speaker?
Since the DOSS Bluetooth Wireless V4.0 speakers fall under budget category, they do pretty well in terms of sound quality, shelf life and overall experience. You won’t get outstanding results, but for a 12W speaker, the performance is surprisingly quite satisfying. Take a look at some of the key highlights of this speaker:
- Intuitive Touch Panel: The touch control is a nice addition to these speakers. It kind of offers that next gen feeling and an ease of access. For instance, you can turn the speaker On/Off by tapping the respective button on the top side, or you can increase/ decrease the volume by sliding your finger in clockwise/ anti clockwise motion.
- Latest Bluetooth Version: Thanks to V4.0 Bluetooth pairing standard, the DOSS Soundbox speaker is almost compatible with any number of latest mobile phones, portable tablets etc. You may get a limited set of features if you are connecting a, let’s say, old handset with this speaker. However, particularly for iPhone 7 Plus owner, the pairing process comes with an independent DOSS Soundbox battery indicator and dedicated volume controls that do not affect the mobile’s native volume settings.
- Loud Volume: Let’s just say that DOSS product manufacturers engineered the sound output ratio to not only very loud, but bearable results. At max volume, the sound does not break or bloat out to hammer your eardrums. In fact, it is quite pleasant and audible, depending on the audio source. FLAC audio extension files had excellent results at high volume settings.
- Good Bass: Bass is particularly another shining aspect of this portable Bluetooth speaker. The mid and low tones sound very soothing. Try Leonard Cohen’s ‘Avalanche’. You’re gonna love it!
DOSS Soundbox Portable Bluetooth V4.0 Speaker Pairing Process:
We felt that pairing is the first and foremost part of using any Bluetooth portable device. A lot of people end up wasting a good half an hour, trying to figure out the pairing thing. Well, you can read the following instructions to help get connected in few seconds.
- Pairing is pretty simple. All you need to do is enable the Bluetooth connectivity feature on your tablet or smartphone.
- Keep the “Play” button on the DOSS Soundbox speaker pressed.
- After a few seconds, the entire ring surrounding the touch panel will start to blink, hence indicating that the pairing process has begun.
Your smartphone/ tablet will show a popup under the “Discovered Bluetooth Devices” options, showing the name of this speaker. Just tap the okay button and you’re all set.
From a scale of 1 to 5, we think that the DOSS Soundbox Bluetooth speaker deserves a 4. If only the touch panel was accurate every single time, we’d have given extra credit for the intuitive addition of touch panel technology. However, all is well that ends well. If you are on a shoestring budget, and are looking for value for your money, this speaker might be the right choice for you.